The Wisconsin DNR has drafted modifications to the Turtle-Flambeau Scenic Waters Area master plan. According to a planning update on the DNR website, the proposed amendments would:
- Designate an approximately 0.5-mile ATV/UTV route and trail on an existing department forest logging road at the far northern edge of the property.
- Update the land management classifications and associated map to bring them into compliance with the master planning code.
- Establish a 27-acre Recreation Management Area (Type 3) where the ATV/UTV route and trail would be located.
Amendments have also been proposed to the master plans for the Upper Wolf River State Fishery Area and Willow Flowage Scenic Waters Area. The Natural Resources Board will review these documents on September 26, 2018, and a public comment period is open from June 11 to July 10, 2018. Public input forms are available on the DNR website.
DNR staff will also host two “informal open house meetings” to gather public input:
- June 19 at 4-6pm, Sherman Town Hall, 4094 State Highway 182, Springstead
- June 20 at 4-6pm, Langlade County Fairgrounds – Clover Room, 1633 Neva Road, Antigo
Visit the DNR website to view the Draft Amendment, maps of the proposed ATV/UTV route and trail, online input forms, and other information.